HIGHWAY97 JOURNALZ

This page is devoted to the articles, editorials, information, stories and just about anything else you could want in a blog. They will be added on a regular basis with the newest having a spotlight on the home page.

Please check back often.

If you've contributed we'll try to get your contribution online as soon as possible. Even if you haven't contributed we're sure you'll enjoy the reading. 

Thanks from us and all our contributors. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oct 15, 2020, 6:24 PM
​​​​​​​I guess that depends upon who you ask, but recently this August 2020, I saw a news article with a picture of a child being arrested. The news report said, “Child’s wrists too small for handcuffs.” This happened in Florida where a webcam showed the 8 year old child inside a school being handcuffed. Apparently, according to news reports, he had been subsequently booked and briefly jailed on a felony battery charge after he was accused of punching a teacher who sought to discipline him for sitting improperly in the school cafeteria.
Jun 16, 2020, 8:35 AM
I’m beginning a series that focuses on items found inside the Lehman’s Hardware store based in Ohio. I discovered their barn store when I found a youtube video entitled: Store Has Everything You Need to Live Without Electricity After watching the video, I learned that Lehman’s is also online, shipping merchandise around the world. When I started exploring, I realized it’s going to take a whole lot of time just to virtually window shop on their website. So with that in mind, I’ll begin with the word “awestruck” to describe how much is available and later I’ll end with “to be continued”.
May 1, 2020, 1:28 PM
Have you ever had it happen? You purchase this beautiful looking candle that you think will last you-- well, a long, long time. And it burns a tunnel down the centre and eventually extinguishes itself. Humph! You don’t dwell too long on it, though. Life is busy. You’ve got more to worry about than candles. I understand. But think of it. It’s gotta irk you enough to do what I did. A little bit of research. It came down to this: I didn’t want to throw out the wax. I started saving it and realized in the process, there existed in the world, many candles like this.