HIGHWAY97 JOURNALZ

This page is devoted to the articles, editorials, information, stories and just about anything else you could want in a blog. They will be added on a regular basis with the newest having a spotlight on the home page.

Please check back often.

If you've contributed we'll try to get your contribution online as soon as possible. Even if you haven't contributed we're sure you'll enjoy the reading. 

Thanks from us and all our contributors. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jul 2, 2020, 6:04 PM
Everyone’s talking about the “New Normal”. I hear many people saying how nothing about the way we were living ever was normal in the first place. There was no home and no family. What was the facade of a home was just a “shell” of a place. Families ate their meals on the run, their cars running, breathing in the exhaust from the vehicle ahead them, just to get something called “food”, but was it really? And how many of us, my generation included, never had the experience of growing anything, save for something in grade one that we can’t even remember.
Apr 30, 2020, 3:46 PM
I was once working a cash register at Value Village, and, as was quite common there, a child was screaming their head off somewhere in the background.  At least, it was in the background to me, after all, screaming children don’t bother me; bad parenting bothers me, and no example of such was immediately apparent, so I was able to focus on the customer in front of me and block out the crying.  But this customer was evidently not like me in this way, and said, almost conspiratorially, “Someone needs to take that kid into the bathroom and give him a good spanking until he learns a thing or two!”