HIGHWAY97 JOURNALZ

This page is devoted to the articles, editorials, information, stories and just about anything else you could want in a blog. They will be added on a regular basis with the newest having a spotlight on the home page.

Please check back often.

If you've contributed we'll try to get your contribution online as soon as possible. Even if you haven't contributed we're sure you'll enjoy the reading. 

Thanks from us and all our contributors. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feb 14, 2021, 11:17 AM
What the ‘Internet of Things’ is in the easiest definition I can offer: Is basically “a connection point to the internet”, thereby allowing it to be connected to your existing cell phone, home computer, a computer at work or anything else on the internet. Specifically, it refers to the multitude of devices and applications that are becoming increasingly pervasive in our society and how these things can work or be connected together. The development and engineering of these interfaces allows them to speak to one another as well as the internet and the engineering departments that created them. Unfortunately, it also allows them to be-hacked and in some cases be used for things they were not initially meant to be used for ̶ even for ill intent.
Feb 13, 2021, 5:23 PM
This month we’re looking at some of the important things that should be known about Apple / MAC Computers and their operating systems. Mac OS is well-known for its ease of use, and I’m confident any of these systems will be easy to learn in no time at all. Many of you are likely using a close relative of the Mac OS already if you have an iPhone or iPad. That said, there are a few tricks that will help you avoid confusion later on. What Is Mac OS? It is the name of the operating system that powers most older Mac computers, The Apple OS and the Mac OS X systems are older versions but work basically the same except they are slower, less powerful and require older hardware. There is a new version of the Mac OS that has just been released and all future mac’s will be using it at some point but it is something you may already be used to since it is the one found on iPhones and iPads. You can only get the Mac OS by purchasing an Apple/ Mac system.
Jul 2, 2020, 3:57 PM
As I mentioned in my last artcle there are a number of things you can do to re-vitalize those older computer(s) you have. It always comes down, at least initially, to about four questions. Once you answer those you can move forward. 1) Do you want to buy something shiny and new? 2) Can you afford to spend the extra that it will cost to buy a new laptop or desktop computer? 3) If you can't or won't spend the extra money on a new system, would you like to make use of what you have? If you answered any of the questions above with a "yes", then you've pretty much made the initial decision already. At this point I would usually ask:
May 4, 2020, 3:53 PM
The current state of the world we live in is difficult for pretty much everyone I know. It has impacted our lives at almost every level. As a computer/network technician for more than 20 years, I'm writing this today to try and help a number of you determine how you can help yourselves and members of your family using the computer equipment that you may currently have- and which you may have thought about getting rid of and purchasing new systems.