HIGHWAY97 JOURNALZ

This page is devoted to the articles, editorials, information, stories and just about anything else you could want in a blog. They will be added on a regular basis with the newest having a spotlight on the home page.

Please check back often.

If you've contributed we'll try to get your contribution online as soon as possible. Even if you haven't contributed we're sure you'll enjoy the reading. 

Thanks from us and all our contributors. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feb 14, 2021, 9:44 AM
I’ve witnessed a lot of gimmicks in my life, but the biggest of all is how they’ve faked time. They’ve done it with everything. Home improvement books offer DIY’s “Weekend Projects” that can’t possibly be completed in a weekend unless you’re a pro in the field or have a team of people working with you and for some amazing miracle, you have all the necessary equipment to get the job done. Then there are those sit coms on what used to be called television-- the ones with the imaginary families who have loads of time to sit around cracking jokes. I remember hearing one sad mother on a radio talk program. She lamented over the fact that her teenage daughter had grown up with a completely false perception. Her daughter had cried, “Why can’t our family be like that?!”
Jun 12, 2020, 3:31 PM
The S.M.A.R.T. Acronym is used to help in remembering how to set goals in a way that is safe and conducive to success. If you want to be better at anything, you need to practice— that is, the actual application or use of an idea or method. Additionally, the goal you are working towards needs to be realistic. For example, becoming more fit, takes time. You can't expect to throw on some expensive running shoes and live the runners dream if you have difficulty making it up a flight of stairs. The kinds of goals you have will be unique to you. They could be fitness related or not. Maybe the goal is to simply finish reading a book you've had shelved for the last few months. Whatever it is, I'm sure that you'll find the SMART acronym helpful when determining a course of action.